This one day course is for all practitioner who lead and support staff members, students or volunteers who work with children and families.
Even when things are going well, there is a need to step away from day-to-day demands and review and reflect on practice. Supervision training can help combat these issues, and is essential for all practitioners who lead and support staff members, students or volunteers.
Aims of the course include:
- Clarification of supervision experiences, practice and needs
- Development or adaptation of supervision policies and procedures to meet your setting’s needs
- Understanding the integration of performance management, appraisal and supervision processes
- Greater authority and authenticity in your role as a supervisor
- Strategies and skills in supervision within and across disciplines
- Commitment to your own and others’ support and development
Effective supervision will;
- Develop positive and cooperative relationships between all, and promotes best practice.
- Develop confidence, and increase skills, insight and courage when working with children, parents and communities
- Reduce stress related absences, and increase confidence in dealing with complex safeguarding and other dilemmas
- Ensure organisational and staff accountability and development, therefore promoting reflective, creative, ethical and safe practice.
This is a one day professional development course.
£175 per person