The Making Children’s Learning Visible Project for staff in early childhood teams, draws on the work of Tobin et al (Preschool in Three Cultures, Yale University Press, 1989). It is aimed specifically at improving outcomes for the most vulnerable children and thereby narrowing the gap between the better off and the most disadvantaged.
There are four strands to the project:
- Image of the child: What do you most value and want to support in children’s development and learning?
- Pedagogical reflection through video: reflect on which aspects of your ‘Image of the Child’ can be observed in practice,
- Pedagogical reflection through peer observations: staff teams analyse their pedagogy and their pedagogical interventions.
- Assessment data collection and analysis: drawing from rich qualitative formative assessment data make a summative professional assessment judgment against Early Years Outcomes in each aspect in each area of learning within the EYFS with parents.
You will have an opportunity to:
- Analyse your pedagogy
- Develop a systematic assessment process for making children’s learning visible which can be shared with Ofsted to show children’s progress against the early learning goals
- Improve outcomes for the most vulnerable children
This is a one day professional development course.
£175 per person