SEND stands for Special Educational Needs and Disability. Children and families with SEND are entitled to specialist provision and services.
Special Educational Needs and/or Disability (SEND)
At Pen Green we celebrate all children and families. We embrace diversity and recognise the rich contribution of each unique child. We believe that children and families need person-centred services which promote full social participation, enabling everybody to maximise their health, well-being and life chances.
We always focus on children’s achievements and look at children as learners no matter what their starting points are.
We do not use a deficit model of what children cannot do.
- We believe that every child and adult has something unique that they bring to the centre
- We value their contribution and aim to nurture and develop each individual
- We respect, value and celebrate our differences
- We support each child’s well-being, self image and confidence in their abilities to learn and achieve
- We recognise that we all learn from each other
- Everyone has a fundamental right to a fair and equal education