Made in Corby receive a grant from the Big Lottery!
Statement from Made in Corby:
Made in Corby Community Panel – Diverse Communities
Made in Corby have received a grant from the Big Lottery, via Awards for All, to increase our engagement with diverse communities. This funding will provide the opportunity for a community panel to commission an artist to deliver community art workshops and create a celebration event in Autumn 2018. The Community Panel will be made up of current residents of Corby Borough who were born outside of the UK.
The project will work with local communities to:
- Commission an artist/s to lead a series of participatory sessions for local families drawing upon cultural heritage
- Create an event to share the work created and celebrate the different cultural heritages in the town
- Promote the workshops and final event through a series of visits to local community groups, flyers distributed through local primary schools, social media and through our network of volunteer Arts Ambassadors.
- Document the project through working with a film maker to create a short film, with an emphasis on individual stories.
- Establish a community panel to lead on the overall direction of the project, select the artist and shape the final event
We want your input!
We’re looking for around 10 local people to join the Community Panel and help us to put the project together. It’s a great opportunity to not only be part of creating an exciting new event for Corby, but also gain an insight into how events are created.
The panel will help us with:
- Deciding on the details of the project
- Identifying key community groups to work with
- Writing the artist brief
- Recruiting the lead artist
- Planning the celebration event
- Promoting the project
- Work with our film maker to document the project
We need panel members who are committed to working with us over the coming year, mainly through attendance at monthly meetings.
To express your interest in joining the panel, email your application form to email@example.com or call the office on 01536 267895. We want the panel to be as representative of Corby’s communities as possible, so we will only allow one member of a household to be on the panel (except for essential carers). Panel members need to be a resident of Corby borough (Corby town, Cottingham, East Carlton, Gretton, Little Stanion, Middleton, Rockingham, Stanion and Weldon) and born outside of the UK.
Download the application form here:
Made In Corby Community Panel Application Form